- Is Laser Hair Removal treatment permanent?
The results from using a our Laser machine allows for permanent hair reduction/ hair free in the majority of clients. A minimum of 80% permanent hair reduction after a course of 6-10 treatments should be expected, if not sooner. Hormonal conditions may cause hair regrowth and over time a few hairs may sprout, so a one off touch up session would be needed. Hormonal changes may result from pregnancy, PCOS, menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). In these rare instants maintenance session once every 6 months are often required.
- How many sessions will it take to remove all the hair?
On average it takes 6-8 treatments for the body, some people need up to 10 treatments depending on their hair growth cycle. For the face 8-10 treatments are often needed, in some cases clients need 12 to achieve optimal results. This is due to different stages of hair growth, with cycles varying around the body.
- How do I know if I need a maintenance session after my course ?
If you find you having to shave patches or random hairs this would indicate that a maintenance session is required. This may occur 6 – 12 months after your package has finished, or if you have undergone a hormonal change (such as pregnancy or menopause). You only need a maintenance treatment if you are finding new hair growth. The cost for maintenance will be 50% off our single session price, of the area being treated.
Minimally, our machine is virtually pain free because it is a Direct Cooling Device “DCD” with cryogen to cool the skin. This allows for a comfortable experience – much faster and less painful that waxing the area. There are also different strength settings, which can be turned up or down depending on your level of comfort.
- Can I have Laser if I have tattoos?
Yes you can, however not directly over a tattoo. We will appropriately protect your tattoo from Laser by covering it correctly and maintaining a safe parameter.
- Can I have Laser treatments on my face if I have had fillers or Botox?
Yes, however you must wait 2 weeks after Botox and 4-6 weeks after injectable fillers if you are having Laser on your face.
- Can Candela Laser Hair Removal cause cancer?
NO! It is 100% safe. Our Laser machine emits non-ionizing radiation, with the wavelength being visible at 755nm. Only ionizing radiation (under 400nm), like X-ray machines and UV rays etc are a risk of developing cancer.
Candela Laser has been the world leader in hair reduction for over 2 decades worldwide, with over 10,000 GentleLase Pro systems operating around the globe. Candela also boasts full medical certification from the TGA, FDA and CE.
- What do I need to do before my treatment?
To achieve optimal results we advise the following:
* No laser resurfacing and chemical peels over the are to be treated (4 weeks)
* Do not wax or pluck (6 weeks)
* Do not use fake tans, tanning moisturiser, solariums, tanning drugs (2 weeks)
* Avoid excess direct sun exposure (2 weeks)
* Do not use Retinol vitamin A or Hydroquinone whitening agent/ cream (3 days)
* Shave the area thoroughly (12 hours prior).
- Are there any contraindications for Candela Laser Hair Removal therapy?
There are some contraindications for laser, these include pregnancy, breast feeding, certain blood thinners (Warfarin), cancer, antibiotics and Roaccutane.
∗ Concerning the drug Roaccutane you must wait 6-12 months after stopping your medication and 2 weeks for antibiotics, for any area having laser treatment. Any medication or serious conditions you are unsure of, please get your doctor’s consent or let us know your concerns prior to your initial appointment.
- What do I need to do after a treatment?
* Avoid very hot showers, baths or saunas (24 hours)
* Do not use perfume & deodorant over the area (24 hours)
* Avoid excess heat & exercise (24 hours)
* Avoid swimming in pools and spa with chemicals, salts or chlorine (24 hours)
* Do not wax, pluck or use depilatory creams (hair removal cream) during your Laser course
* Do not exfoliate for 5 days after your laser treatment. It is recommended to exfoliate every 2nd day after the initial 5 days, to help the hair expulsion process
* Avoid excess direct sun exposure (2 weeks) and avoid solarium visits full stop
* Apply SPF50 whenever in the sun
* Avoid active ingredient Retinol A, AHA’s if you had Laser on your face (1-2 weeks)
* Avoid facials if you had Laser on your face (5 days)
* If you want to spray tan wait (24 hours)
* Microdermabrasion, laser skin treatments, chemical peels over area (2-3 weeks)
- How long do I wait between appointments?
Treatments are conducted normally 4-8 weeks. These appointment times may be extended out, as it varies per body part and individuals (this will be explained to you during your course of treatments). However it is important to catch the hair in the anagen stage of growth, so as soon as you need to shave again this is the best time.
- Is IPL and Laser the same for hair removal?
No! IPL is commonly falsely advertised as Laser, but IPL provides a broad wavelength of light and is disperse, whereas a Laser is a single wavelength and is focused to a specific region. For this reason Laser will give a better and faster results for hair removal.
- I’ve tried Laser else where and it didn’t work.
Such a common issue and we have so many happy clients now hair free, that had wasted their money else where prior. If you are concerned or want to see and feel the difference in our machine: book a free patch test by calling our clinic on 5982 3571. Our girls are Laser trained and certified, our machine is one of the best in Australia and we honestly thrive in with helping people achieve their desired results!